Sunday, April 19, 2009

Two Griswald Vacations, One Weekend!!

When I say Griswald Vacation... I mean GRISWALD vacation!!! And not only one but TWO... Sooooo... I will start with Cody's Griswald vacation first:

So this weekend Cody went with his friend Micah to his ranch near Buffalo,Tx. They were going out there to get everything cleaned up and ready for deer season. Here's the short version of a long story... they get out there put their stuff in the house, then come back out to try out some new gun Micah had...so Cody shots the gun out towards the woods and Micah's dog (who he has had for 7 years) takes off sprinting into the woods...he's GONE! Micah had shot the gun 5000 times in front of him so it was very uncharacteristic of him. they go back to the house to get their stuff to go look for him and the door was locked... so now they have a dog missing and the key to the house was IN the house! (side note: they had only been there for an hour!!) They go looking for the dog while at the same time trying to call a locksmith to get into the house... NO LUCK on either one... they didn't want to pay the $150 to get a locksmith so they had to drive to Huntsville to meet Micah's dad to get a key.... they get back to the ranch about 9pm and still no dog... They looked all night and never found him... They were both sick to their stomachs. The next morning its pouring down rain but they decided to go look for the dog anyways... they jumped the fence to the property next to Micah's and within 20 mins they FOUND HIM!!! He was laying on the porch of the house on that property! :) Anyways, they decided just to head back to Dallas since it was raining because they really couldn't do much outside... As they drove up I-45 they noticed a car overturned in the ditch with no one helping... being the good men they are, they stopped to help! They get down by the car and realized that there want anyone in there... now for the best part... THEY GOT STUCK IN THE MUD!!!! Micah has a big truck and they were stuck, no getting out! State troopers showed up to see what they were doing... anyways they had one lane of I-45 shut down for an hour before they finally got the truck out!! Needless to say... total Griswald vacation!!

Here are some picture from my Griswald vacation...my story is after the pics!


Sweet babies playing on Uncle Will's bed:)


Kaylie loves her uncle!


And this is how we slept... Kaylie in the multicolored
crib, Parker in the green one and me on the bed:)

Buddy hanging out with Uncle Will


Will's living room!


My sweet girl and me!

Buddy took over the passenger seat when Mimi
got moved to the back!

This is the look of two people who have absolutely
lost their minds:) (If this picture had audio you would
hear two screaming, starving babies!!!)


Uncle Will and Parker at 10:30pm... Brother woke up
from all the noise:(


Will, Anna (his girlfriend) and Parker!


Buddy and Will at the tennis courts.


The most precious sweet little man sleepin on my
lap during Uncle Will's match!

My sweet girl with her Uncle after he won!


Me being silly with Parker!


Mimi under the tree with sister... finally got her
to sleep!

Ok, now for my Griswald story:
Let me preface by saying that Will lives in a 500 sq ft. apartment... so we had Will, Anna (his gf), Mom, me, Kaylie, Parker, and Buddy crammed in! You can hear EVERYTHING, so needless to say they kids woke up 5 times last night!
Mom and I took the babies and Buddy to see Will play in his conference tennis tournament in Abilene... On the way down there everything went smooth, the babies slept the entire time... so when we got to Will's apartment they were both in great moods... They did good during Will's match (they both slept) and we brought Buddy so he was trying to do everything BUT sit down during the match! After the match we went back to Will's apartment and fed the babies... they were soooo off schedule that they were ready to go to bed at 5:30...the only problem was they were not in THEIR beds and it took them an hour and a half of screaming their heads off until they actually fell asleep... Mom was there alone during that time because Will and I went to Wal-Mart...needless to say we bought mom a bottle of wine to ease her nerves!!:) The kids didn't sleep good at all... really none of us did, including Buddy! So we got up early this morning and headed back to Dallas during the kids nap time so they would sleep the whole time... well that's what I thought anyways...haha! We left Abilene about 8 this morning... Kaylie started to wake up about 10:30 and got EXTREMELY fussy...I smelt something stinky...we pulled over at the truck stop to check it out... it wasn't her! But I took her out of the car for a minute to get some fresh air! Anyways as we are driving down the road i smell something stinky again... come to find out...it was Buddy pootin!!! hahaha... So we are getting into Fort Worth, both kids screaming for a bottle, mom and I about to go nuts...when all of the sudden there are flashing lights behind me... Crap!!! Here is my convo with Officer Black:


Officer: Hi Mam! Do you have your insurance and driver's license?


Me: Yes Sir, here it is!


Officer: Ms. Davis (that's whats on my DL), do you know that you were going 83 in a 60?


Me: Oh really!?! I'm sorry officer (while Buddy is barking at him), but I am really annoyed right now, I have 2 hungry kids in the back and I am just trying to get home!


Officer: (still at the window checking my info, smiling) Well, it's your lucky day... it's been a rarity lately for someone to have all their info up to date and correct, so I am gonna let you go. Please be careful mam!

And just like that we were on our way!:) There ARE nice policemen out there!! So by this time the kids were starving... Mom had to climb in the back and make bottles for them... I think she had more formula on her pants then she actually put in the bottle! haha... We should have thought to put her back there 2 hours prior, but we were doing a crossword puzzle out of the Abilene newspaper (that's another story in itself..haha!) it was all about Texas and it was hilarious!
So, by the time we got home we were EXHAUSTED!!! With that said...its bed time for me:)











1 comment:

lisa and burt wellmann said...

girl you are brave!!! Traveling is hard enough with one kid and one toddler I couldn't imagine twins!! But we have all done it lived through and had a wonderful story out of it!! Of course in the moment you think you are going to loose your mind!!! LOL!