Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"Dream" Feeding


Sister in her boppy!


Brother in his boppy!

In attempts to get Parker to sleep longer at night I tried "dream" feeding them last night! According to one of my many books its says to get a few extra hours of sleep a night you should feed them right before you go to bed, but without waking them up! Sounds weird I know, but it WORKS!! They go to bed between 7:30 and 8p because I know one day they will sleep a consist 12 hours at night and its nice for Cody and I to have the evening to spend "kid-less" with eachother! Anyways, back to my "dream" feeding experiment... so I fed them in their sleep at about 10 last night and Parker ended up sleeping for 6 hours straight!! Much better than the 3 to 4 hours he was doing! They both woke up at 4am to eat, but the good news is they eat and go right back to bed until 7am:) So needless, to say I will be "dream" feeding them from now on until they get a little older and can sleep through the whole night! Its more for Parker then Kaylie, but I figure if I am doing one I might as well go ahead and do two!!

Also, last night I think it was the first time that Kaylie and Parker really realized each other... I know "they" say that twins know about each other when they are in the womb, but last night they really started looking at each other! I had them laying on the mat and they were just staring at each other for the longest time! Sooooo cute... now I cant wait until they can start to play with each other:)

ENJOY!

1 comment:

Ricky and Melissa said...

We'll definitely have to try the "dream" feeding....I read about it the other day, and I'm glad to know it actually works!